Thursday, August 12, 2010

artful thursday - a little something



hi girls! i am back at school, so my artful thursday project is going to be short and sweet. (and tiny.)

i love moo cards. they are so stinking cute and look so professional and it is so totally fun to hand them out to friends. i just wasn't that crazy about the ziplock baggie i had been using to tote 'em around in my purse, soooo....

here we go!
1. select cardstock that you like.

2. trim down to 2 inches by 8 inches.


3. lay your moo card on the strip so you can decide where you want your folds placed. fold. you can see here that i used scalloped scissors for a pretty edge. think itsy bitsy manilla envelope.

4. with the fold in place, stitch all around the rectangle. this creates the mini pouch. (i used pink thread on the top and brown thread in the bottom, just for something different.)


5. slide in your moo cards!



6. using some really good glue, attach a button with twine, string, ribbon, or embroidery floss.




7. let it dry...


and ta-da! a little something!




meanwhile...i will be here.



i will do my best to get my posting groove on!
happy day to you!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute and will come in quite handy at Silver Bella...

    Happy Back-to-School time, Miss Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute - love that paper. I suspect homework in your future will cut in to blogging and Artful Thursdays - boo! But school is important and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun and the colors are so cheerful. Thanks for sharing your always happy take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea! I have moo minis and just use the plastic moo holder. I like yours much better. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are sooo cute, Lynn. You put it all together so well. It reminds me that I need to get some Moo Cards!

    Love that school...looks just like the one I attended way back when!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love those, I think I might give those a try. Have a good day.
    Smiles
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter, Amelia, used your great idea to make card holders for all of the MOPS moms!

    http://thetruevine.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/mops-crafting/

    ReplyDelete