Thursday, August 19, 2010

artful thursday - momma said

hey girls! hope all is well!!! things are B.U.S.Y. around here. these past 4 days feel like a month! welcome back to reality!

okay, my project this week comes to you with absolutely no clear step by step instructions. sorry. think vague.

make a collage.



this lovely is my great grandmother. she was a tall strong woman. i've been told that one time at a restaurant, she ordered a hamburger. when it was served to her and she didn't like it, she threw it across the room!

anyway. copy collage onto shrinky dinks paper. follow their directions. voila. it's a mini-me.


make it into a cool one-of-a-kind necklace. i really want to wear this one, but i also want to give it to my grandma.


that's it.

now can you say TRASHED? seriously. i've got a problem.




guess what i'll be doing this weekend!!!
happy day, friends!
thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the world wide web! you make me happy!

9 comments:

  1. LOL Love the collage. But I realllllly love seeing your room. You are so brave... I should put my room picture up right now... it's HORRID! I can hardly walk. I got out the glitter today. Do you think it's too early? rofl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! What an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mini-me. You amaze me, Lynn. You just seem to whip these things up like it's nothing. And they are all so different. I am still thinking of your moo holder.

    The story of your grandmother is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your great grandmother sounds like she was a real hoot! Gutsy women inspire me. And I like how you came up with a fun and personal project to honor your special grand-lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your sweet collage but I will tell you I have you beat- my art room is TRASHED and somehow it's made it's way into my kitchen!!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks worse in person, trust me..sorry sissy poo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you have at your booth at Silver Bella, Lynn!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, Lynn, Lynn! Check out the necklace I made for my mom's birthday, thanks to YOUR inspiration: http://thetruevine.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/happy-birthday-mom/

    (And we did end up going to Overton on Sat. and had a great time! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep...my "craft" room is a disaster area...and my kitchen/dining room looks like that too because that's where I do most of my crafting.

    ReplyDelete