Wednesday, June 22, 2011

birthday treasury swap!



adorable amy
hosted a birthday treasury swap last month that featured tim holtz's configuration boxes. (they were waaaaay fun to play with.) we were each paired up with one partner for whom we would create a mini*treasure! well. my new internet friend is kristine, an avid, incredibly talented quilter. after a few emails back and forth and sifting through her blog...i created this to send her way. (spoiler alert, kristine)


we both like vintage goodness and greens and blues.


hopefully she will find these "quilt boxes" meaningful.


i've only been involved in a handful of one-on-one swaps before, and to be truthful, i found this one quite intimidating. really wanting to make something special and unique for my partner, and only knowing bits and pieces of her was a challenge! (but still a ton of fun!)


i think i am all caught up on my swaps for now. i'll share the mini books that i received soon, (they are the cutest little things ever.) and my blingy necklace is finished, too! (so much sparkle!)

happy day, friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. I also participated in this very sweet swap. Never having altered a configuration box before, it was definitely challenging. My partner, Andra, was very good in supplying me with info about her, but it was still daunting. Things worked out well for both of us and I posted pix on my blog this past Monday. I would gladly do another swap like this!
    http://karensmondaymusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is completely wonderful! I'm sure she was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete